Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.
Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.
Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.
Have a great week! xo
oh, I love this old hymn so very much. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL !
ReplyDeleteTHANKS FOR SHARING!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com
One of my favorites! I've been listening to Hymns for Worship on Pandora over and over for days. Nothing beats the sweet old hymns.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorites as well. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful old hymn. It's a shame they aren't being sung in church anymore.
ReplyDeleteThis hymn runs through my mind a lot. I love contemporary Christian music, but the oldies will always be special to me:>) My daughter Victoria made me a rustic sign for Christmas with just the first two lines of this hymn on it. It hangs above my desk.
ReplyDeleteI'm singing along....such a beautiful hymn....thank you!
ReplyDeleteI love these old hymns. So beautiful and precious! Have a wonderful weekend : )
ReplyDelete