The weather today is simply divine. 70's, blue skies, gentle breeze, perfect. I don't want to be indoors one second! Yesterday I was able to get our little summer garden in. 4 yellow squash, 3 sweet basil, 6 tomatoes - 3 are cherry tomatoes ... those tend to make it to my mouth a lot faster than the table. I can hardly wait to make fresh pesto, fried yellow squash (Woody is the king at that!) and there is nothing on the planet that compares to summer tomato sandwiches on fresh baked wheat bread! I'm getting hungry already. Lol!
Something else I planted this year, that isn't for eating, cosmos! The seeds were sown a couple of weeks ago and the foliage is already 7" tall! I absolutely love those flowers! Plus zinnias, another favorite, still waiting on those seeds to germinate! They will make such lovely bouquets for the house.
Do you keep a garden?
What do you like to plant?
Oh we have tomatoes, strawberries, zuchini, onions and garlic. Too late for us to plant lettuce, but we will in the fall. Your garden looks like it is coming along find. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteTomatoes sound so good! We (meaning hubby) planted a couple things in the garden today. The we cleaned up the yard. And we have a big yard. The iris' are about 4 inches high and the day lillies are a couple inches high. I love Spring when every thing turns green.
ReplyDeleteI occasionally will grow tomatoes and green peppers but most of my garden is perennials and shrubs. I live in Minnesota and just happy that all the snow is gone. I see a few plants poking thru the mulch showing themselves.. A little day lily and some irises. I would like to find a spot to plant some zinnia seeds I harvested a year or two ago. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI grow a garden every year,Its not real big,but Enough to can and freeze.I do plant herbs and I love my Mint,It grows alot.
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks good
Like you, I'm longing for fresh produce, so I think I'm going to try container gardening this year. I just moved in July last year, and I have nothing in my yard except ONE hollyhock. My plan is to plant as many big things as I can afford this year. I live in South Dakota, so I have to wait until the first week of May to plant anything.
ReplyDeleteI love cosmos and zinnias, too. They are so cheerful!
Happy Easter Trish! We still have at least a month before we can plant, but the sun is shining and today and tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's! Such a beautiful day! I want Cosmo's this year too!
ReplyDeleteWe're having such lovely weather here also and have made my first attempt at my garden this year, lots of work ahead :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great week
Karen x
So exciting to get the gardening weather going! I just got starts for basil, oregano, tarragon and some other herbs. I'm moving my veg garden around so I don''t have space for them yet, but hopefully I'll get lots of veggies from the CSAs we belong to and not suffer too overly much! ~Angela~
ReplyDeleteI love your little vase of colorful blooms! And your garden is doing great. I've seen a few strawberries but will probably let the birds eat them. :) My flowers are beginning to bloom. And I'm still contemplating a few veggies so we'll see. I love cosmos. I planted a few Cosmo plants and hope they give me some nice flowers for cutting.
ReplyDeleteYou are ahead of us in the uk - we can't think of planting courgettes ( zucchini - I think !) tomatoes, basil out for a while yet - in case of the dreaded frost !, I really cant wait until we can plant out !
ReplyDelete