October 16, 2013

sampler blocks.

 
I had so much fun making my first block for Donna's  (Donna's Lavender Nest) sampler block quilt along.  It is an easy block, just what I was needing this week.  Also, I have adopted Lori Holt's saving scraps method, so choosing my fabric was super easy.  I just pulled what I needed from the 5" squares box  (my blocks will measure 12.5") and pieced them as you see above.
fun fun fun 

4 comments:

  1. Cute block! So you used all 5" squares? Or started with them and then cut them down to the size in Donna's tutorial? I'm trying to decide what fabric I want to use for my blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block! I have been working on adopting Lori's method of saving scraps, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I just posted my block today! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.