November 5, 2012

monday.

Since the weather kept us indoors over the weekend, I was able to finish hand quilting my hopscotch quilt.
This is my favorite block.  It reminds me of a charming rendition of home, Northern California, where houses are nestled in the sides of mountains and the lights at night twinkle like stars.  Can you tell I am feeling home sick?!
At first I thought it would be a large table topper but after being snuggled under it over the weekend, I have decided on a throw quilt.
The back is pieced and I was so happy to be able to use the yellow from my recent finds.
 
Now for the binding!
Have a wonderful week.
xoxo

15 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt!
    I know what its like to be homesick! We lived away from where we grew up for 20 years. Now we're back, but we left some of our heart behind. I think when you move away for any length of time, it's really hard to ever keep from being homesick for places you've been. (I'm not sure I worded that well enough for it to make sense, but maybe you understand.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautify; Trish!
    It looks like a Christmas quilt to me!
    (i don't decorate for the holidays in traditional colors...i use my favorite colors that go with all of my vintage decorations...you're quilt would fit in perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely and I love the pieced back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I love that block too!! Your handquilting adds so much character, I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love this, is it your own pattern? I love how you use the blocks with feature fabric, I'm rather fond of doing this myself. You've given me an idea to use some castle fabric I have. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Trish and your hand quilted is perfect!! Happy Monday! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is so pretty!! Hope you have a great week! Visiting via Heather from Vintage Grey :) :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...I have a quilt to bind tonight...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. I'm excited to see the binding. How neat to incorporate one of your new finds. It fits in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, another pretty quilt finished. There seems to be a special joy whenever a quilt is done and ready for use. I just can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you're at that sweet spot where the quilt is done and all that's needed is the binding. I always want to go faster at this point, so I can get it in the wash, then the dryer.
    Your quilt looks beautiful! I really like the pattern.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt to too gorgeous as always, Trish! Well done. Don't you just love it when the weather outside gives us the perfect excuse to stay indoors and be creative?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that fabric. It looks like a delightful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your quilt is darling! i love the bright colors and the happy stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.