November 30, 2012

a few christmas touches.

This time of the year makes me giddy.  I just love all the Christmas music (classics and whimsical), favorite Christmas movies, white twinkle lights, hanging stockings, gift giving, wrapping presents and hiding them.
I have also enjoyed pulling out a few Christmas quilts and table runners.  I learned to quilt only a couple of years ago, so my selection is small, but I have truly enjoyed adding a little something each year.
This is a special table runner, making some of my first saw tooth stars.  I remember being so nervous trying such a tough project.  Flying geese and I still have not become close friends, but with patience and determination, I have made many since.
This tiny topper really was a first.  I bought the kit from Jodi's etsy shop.  I loved sewing each square together and was so excited to have my corners match up!  I even did a machine cross hatch.  
I wish I could still find those adorable little prints!!  Not sure what they are, but I smile each time I see them.  
I have been saving this yard of Christmas fabric for a while.  I thought it would be so fun to make a cute topper for my kitchen window.
 These mittens are a favorite. 

Thanks so much for dropping by.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love everything...and what a fun idea to make a Christmas window topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Christmas wonderfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet decorations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet table toppers, each one just as cute as the next. Your home looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the Christmas cuteness at your house!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your sweet Christmas decorations and quilts!! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing your Christmas makes, Trish! Such a lovely festive post :)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very festive, inspiring and sweet! Looks like you are ready for the holidays now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just pulled out a little runner I made a few years ago. These are darling and I love the touch to make it askew...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty. I love visiting your blog...even if I do not leave a message I leave with a smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've decorated with fabric and quilts. I love Christmas fabric. It is so fun. Transport me back to childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.