November 18, 2012

a bit of catching up.

There is a chill in the air around these parts (finally) and I am loving every bit of it!  I even think I smelled my neighbor's fireplace the other evening.  Heavenly.
One of my favorite trees on our property is changing color.  The perfect spot to take a few pics.  Pretty soon all the leaves will have fallen.  I am enjoying each one for as long as I can.
Here is a smidge of the back. 
 
Since the hopscotch quilt is bound, washed and photographed, it is now nestled between a couple of favorites.  Just waiting to be used.
Don't you just love snuggling under a warm, comfy quilt on cold nights?!  Nothing compares!
The backing to Valerie's Christmas quilt arrived a couple weeks ago, but forgot to show you.  It is called Crush (ivory) by Tina Givens for Free Spirit Fabrics.  It is absolutely gorgeous in person!  You have to check out Fashionable Fabric's sale fabrics!  Truly.  I was able to order 3 yards for $4.50 a yard!!  You can't beat that!
And now with the backing cut to size, the hand quilting will begin.  That is something I work on in the evenings.
I tried machine quilting it.  It all went south fairly quick, which has cost me a good bit of time.  I have two lists I am working on ... things to be completed before December 1st and things to be completed after ... this is a before.
Another evening project I am working on are a few wool and acrylic yarn pincushions.  They are Christmas presents.  But sshhh ... don't tell!  
Here is a snippet of the Spin Cycle quit progress.
It has been such a joy to create Clara's Spin Cycle quilt top.  I will be sad to see it go.  sniff.
I received the sweetest package in the mail from Heather.  I can not go another day with out posting her adorable creations
I have been secretly admiring her crocheted hangers for as long as they have been listed in her cute shop.  I am so touched that she made one for me.
It now holds up my favorite apron.  Heather's work is the finest quality and she adds the sweetest charm to everything she makes.
In addition to the precious hanger, there were a set of cute coasters.  Which could not be more perfect for my sewing table/desk.  I painted it earlier this year and want to avoid nicks for as long as possible.
Just look how they match my coffee mugs.  I love it!  Thank you so much Heather.  You are the sweetest!
On a side note ... am I the only one who has wanted to bring the Christmas tree down from the attic and decorate?!  The day after Thanksgiving can't seem to come fast enough this year.  

22 comments:

  1. Your quilts always have the most amazing colors. I just love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Beautiful! I love your Spin Cycle! And you agua and red pin cushion is out of this world. Just a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt Trish. And no, you're not the only one who wants to decorate for Christmas - our tree went up last Sunday and the house feels so cozy. I will post photos on my blog this week. More than the coziness, it helps me start to prepare for the Christmas season and ponder on the reason we celebrate. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely photos...thanks for taking the time to share them :) I am loving all your quilty projects and the gifts from Heather are beautiful! I am amazed to see your leaves are just starting to change...ours are already all off the trees, bagged up and gone off on the town yardwaste pickup! I, too, am super excited about the upcoming Holidays....I'm heading to Michaels (they're having an xtra 25% off even sale items)this evening to purchase some twinkle lights for this year's tree :)
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are so fresh and 'sparkly'....especially love the one(s) in the Autumn colored tree! The floral coasters/cup reminds me of an English country garden.....tranquil...sigh. Hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!! Each and every thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love everything!! Heather is so creative and talented, those hangers and little coasters are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that spin cycle! Just gorgeous. I really like your Heather presents too. I want to go straight to my sewing room now and make something!
    My neighbor puts up her tree right after Halloween. Go for it : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish, your quilts are so so lovely! I also agree that Heather's work is gorgeous!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I, too, am glad that fall is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do I start? Everything in this post is so lovely!! Clara is going to adore her Spin Cycle quilt! Heather's work is adorable. We have already started decorating our house. A few things are being done each day so it's not such a huge job! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...lots of good stuff in this post Tricia!
    You're quilts are so lovely and the photos with the fall leaves...gorgeous...makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the Spin Cycle quilt is coming along so sweetly. What a cute quilt it will be.

    If the menfolk would not think me stranger then they do now, our lights and tree would have been up a week ago. I think it is from the craziest of the election and the meanness that seems to be going around.

    Let us bring on the Christmas Joy!!!!!!!!!!!
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post....enjoyed every word and every photo. PS I agree with Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks great! Love that basket of quilts. So inviting especially with the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilts are so gorgeous Trish! I truly admire your skill in hand quilting these quilts!! So glad you are enjoying your gifts my sweet friend!! Have a wonderful day! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been dying to get my tree up! Look at you go. Look how much meat is in this post from your projects to others. Wow. You've got a road runner trail of smoke behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you've been busy, love your makes, absolutely stunning.
    gorgeous pressies too, lucky girl :)& ps I can't wait to get the tree up also oh the sheer joy of it
    Lots of love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been a busy stitcher!! Beautiful work, I just love the fabrics you've chosen for your spin cycle quilt top. Heather is the sweetest! What lovely things she sent, super talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Spin Cycle quilt looks like a lot of fun -- love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The leaves are so gorgeous...here they just turn brown and fall off with no beautiful colors! The Spin Cycle quilt is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your photos are breathtaking and the quilt in the tree...gorgeous to a T in thanks for YOU

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.