June 12, 2012

a secret project and bee block fabric.

Farm Fresh has been in my stash since it came out, just waiting for the perfect project.  And perfect project it will become!  However, it is a secret.  Which I can not wait to show you!! 
Erica's fabric for her bee blocks arrived yesterday afternoon.  Aren't they so much fun?!  A sample of what she is looking for can be found here.   
The things I have enjoyed most about participating in the bee's knees, has been meeting such sweet ladies, as well as having a chance to broaden my scope of quilt blocks.  I have been taken out of what I know and placed in something new to try out.  I love that!  Don't you?!  I'll will post pictures when the blocks are completed!  Sound good?
On a side note, my days are filled with finishing my son's sophomore year, registering him in a new umbrella homeschool, seeking out direction for his future, planning next school year, packing the house of a dear friend, and maintaining a balance in our home.  I plan to get as much done during June so I will have ALL of July to play.  Oh boy do I need that!
So if it is a wee bit quiet over here, please know it is just a bit chaotic (in the very best of ways) and will come alive just as soon as I can manage to breathe life back into my sweet little blog.  In the meantime, I am hopping about your blogs and answering emails as time permits.  I miss you guys!

A special thanks for the kind comments left on my previous post.  You ladies are so sweet.

9 comments:

  1. We have similar taste. I always love the fabrics you pick. Just know we will be here when you get back.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Riley Blake. Can't wait to see your latest project when you're all caught up! Take care
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Riley Blake fabric too...

    And I really love the quilting bee for the same reasons you do...I'm so excited to make an improv block this month...have never made one!

    Good luck with the "busyness" of June...I'm sure you will be rewarded with a peaceful July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is adorable! I haven't opened up my envelope yet... got it yesterday! It's going to be a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish, have fun on your new block! We also used an umbrella school for our kids when they got to high school, it made things a lot easier, especially the transcripts and making sure they had all the required credits covered for college. I hope June is very productive for you so you will be able to take your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Farm Fresh line. I have some 1/2 yards that are waiting for the perfect project! Wishing you a lovely week! Take care! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you do with Farm Fresh...I know it's going to cute!!! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabric and a very cool block! Secrets huh? hmmmm, I hope you'll tell us some day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That jellyroll looks so pretty. Lookin forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.