April 19, 2012

what kind of birthday girl are you?

Woody has been asking what I would like for my birthday (which is in May).  Truth be told, my dearest wish is to see him stand unassisted and walk.  There is nothing I want more than that.  When I say that, he gives me a sweet smile, and then proceeds to ask again ... wanting to know what he can give tangibly. 
I typically ask for things like, pine straw to mulch around our flowers, or a new tree trimmer (which I received at Christmas and love it so much).  I am probably too practical for my own good.  But in my defense I am also deeply sentimental.  I love to receive something meaningful and dear. 

Tell me, what kind of a birthday girl are you?  Do you want diamonds and expensive dinners?  Or do you like sentimental gifts and picnics?   

28 comments:

  1. Good morning Trish! I hope you get your birthday wish of a healthy and happy Woody!

    I am all about the picnics and handmade, sentimental gifts! But really, just being with the ones I love is all I need :)

    Oh, and that fabric!! Yum!! Have you seen Marmalade yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a late April b.day and also ask for practical things, one year it was a chicken coop and chickens another year a dump truck load of good soil for the garden. - For you, this year, I hope you get your hearts desire and see your sweetie walk, even if it has to be a belated gift. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about that fabric that makes us smile and want it so much?!? I too like the thoughtful gift, but sometimes that's a gift certificate to the fabric store, that means the giver had to go out of their way to do that. But, I'm happy for just a phone call from far away friends, or the company of my sweet Larry.

    Oh, I do hope Woody can get his strength back! I'll be praying for your heart's desire, birthday or not! Happy birthday to come!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a Happy Birthday Trish and I too hope you get your B-day wish. I love to get gift cards (to use for my sewing supplies/fabric) and also dinner and a movie the past few years have been wonderful. I enjoy receiving practical things, but really just a card with some nice words inside is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love fabric for presents. it is my favorite thing. and because it is what i love most i feel like it is such a thoughtful gift!

    happy birthday friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Happy Birthday!? I'm the kind of person that likes several days of celebration but low key. Like I want my family to do things for me and dote on me. But I like presents but nothing extravagant. This year I would love fabric. But I treat myself to that. I want some chairs for my front porch. My birthday is in 1.5 months.

    I know what you mean, though. Health and family is the most important gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've asked for dirt for gifts. :-) Anything for the garden is nice.

    Low-key is our style. We are a couple of home bodies and I enjoy making the celebratory dinners and having left-overs too.

    May your hubby soon be up and about.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray that your deepest birthday wish will come true, even if belatedly.

    Simple treats is my desire: usually blank books, notecards, knitting wool and books... I must say I quite enjoy shopping for myself as well as unwrapping what my family have chosen and made for me.

    As you say, it's our family's love that is the best gift of all, however it's expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Trish!! I love the sentimental, simple, and roses, but never red! Love Tasha's new fabric coming out!! I can't wait!! I hope that your birthday wishes come true!! Have a great day!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa PierceApril 19, 2012

    Trish,
    I pray you get your Birthday Wish!
    My husband gets so mad at me because I never ask for anything. I am so easy to please. All I want is for everyone to get alone and everyone to be happy. I get joy out of making others happy.
    Love and miss you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hardly ever receive anything from my kids or husband with their handwriting. So usually, I ask for something that they can write something on. For example, they got me a journaling Bible for Christmas and I had each of them (and my Mom-in-love) write their favorite verse in it. I get so much joy from seeing their writing. I think you should get the fabric, oh sew pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. best was my sewing machine (and i felt guilty asking for something so expensive!) but this year I want a swing for my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and I will continue to pray for Woody.


    My birthday is 9 days before Christmas. So, it is generally a non-event in all the hubbub. What I always want now is to see at least some of my children.

    I generally get "extra" Christmas presents and it is something that was on my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like different things at different times, I love jewelry. But like you, I want my hubby well again. But I am mostly sentimental and love romantic times alone. I LOVE weekend getaways most of all!!! There's an idea for you maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be honest, my parents never paid much mind to my birthday, so, yeah, I like the family to make it a big deal. Nothing super expensive, but thoughtful and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No diamonds for this may girl either. I like the same things you do...except for those tree trimmer things. :)
    I hope your sweet Woody will be running before yours and my birthday! I am going to pray harder for that!!
    Have a wonderful night my sweet southern friend!
    Hugs,
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Trish it is so good to hear from you. On my birthday I like to have family and friends around.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fabrics are so pretty they make me smile! I am a sentimental gal, I am happy just being around my family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am for sure NOT the fancy dinner or expensive gifts type.
    I like well thought out gifts from the heart and homemade is a bonus!...
    Happy Birthday Trish.... I hope you have a sweet wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Trish, May is a wonderful month for a birthday! My son and my mom both have May birthdays! I love spending time with my family and my favorite gifts are flowers and fabric along with handmade gifts! Praying for your family! BTW I am waiting patiently for those two top fabric lines to become available!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just to be remembered is fine with me. A simple "Happy Birthday" makes me smile. Of course, I wouldn't complain if I received a diamond or expensive dinner :D! No need to be unappreciative, haha! I hope you got your bithday wish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a beautiful blog post and beautiful blog too!
    I would be more happy to receive wonderful fabrics and wool and cotton yarn rather than diamonds. and a picnic would be wonderful too
    ! ^_^

    thank you so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, i don't know your birthday date, so happy birthday ! i am a may girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sentimental...and practical. :). I purchased the bike basket I just blogged about with a cash gift....I try to pick out something fun, but useful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My husband knows I am a practical birthday girl. Give me live flowers or power tools and I am good to go. Love the fabric...all of it! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  26. When asked...I always say, "I just want my family to be happy." Which is absolutely true...but a little fabric never hurts, either! Love Tasha Noel's line and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do hope your first birthday wish comes true.
    I am a practical birthday girl and once asked for a truckload of dirt. My hubby wouldn't do that. He said, "I am NOT getting you dirt for your birthday. What would your mother think when she asked you what I got you for your birthday and you told her dirt!" LOL! Though, I do love getting things for my sewing hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Praying for you that God would give you the desires of your heart .. practical is okay by me or a gift card, no flowers. A nice dinner with the family, at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.