Hello sweet ladies.
I hope that your week is off to a fabulous start.
I have joined two quilt alongs. Nuts you say? Not at all! It could not be a better blend.The swoon along and sew scraps along 2012. As I sewed my first swoon block yesterday, I cut and sewed a block using only my scraps!
The swoon along flickr page has close to 300 members (and still plenty of room if you would like to play along-the more the merrier).
Here is my first scraps only block. I will have nine of these blocks by the end of creating the swoon quilt.
I'll be back on Friday to show you my first swoon block.
linking to:





So cute!!! I CANNOT wait to see the Swoon block! You are really tempting me to buy the pattern....especially since Denyse Schmidt is coming out with new fabric soon.....Swoon!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Trish, will be an amazing quilt
ReplyDeleteKaren x
WOW! So gorgeous! My sweet friend, I'm amazed by your talent!
ReplyDeleteXO, Aimee
Beautiful! Love your quilt!
ReplyDeleteP.S. thank you SO MUCH for beautiful earrings!http://madebynatalia.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-gift-from-notes-of-sincerity.html
Lot of love from Russia
Natasha
I really love the scraps block and the fabrics looks gorgeous together. I want to learn how to put together blocks like that..
ReplyDeleteAshley xxx
Oh such great things you have going on here! Love the swoon quilt....and would like to join you....we'll see, I'm still climbing out from amongst the Christmas trappings and have fallen right into the thick of basketball season! Love your scrap quilts! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOh so beautiful! I love the colors!
ReplyDeleteSounds pretty smart to me! Your scrap blocks are lovely! I'm definitely taking Katy's lead with Swoon, to finish the one I started last year. It will be fun watching all of the Swoon blocks pop up!
ReplyDeleteso pretty!
ReplyDeletevery nice! and i am loving those pretty fabrics!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, Trish! It will be a beautiful quilt! What a wonderfully creative way to use up scraps of favourite fabric too.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
Wow, Trish that is gorgeous. I love the colors. I am sew jealous...still no craft room. I will be back to check out the swoon block.
ReplyDeleteI love these fabrics together! I'm ready to swoon over them! (ha ha little joke there) I might have to go check out this Swoon Quilt Along.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Trish...I really love the pretty colour combination too and looking forward to following your progress!
ReplyDeleteSusan x
lovely. such a pretty block, i love those colors!
ReplyDeleteHow clever to create a scrap block straight away. I made a bow tie quilt from my offcuts and I was surprised to find a whole stash of kona snow strips the other day....another prize left over from Swoon! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete