December 9, 2011

a Christmas table topper is born.

From lemons to lemonade, a Christmas table topper was born.  Funny thing, I had no intention of even making a table topper this year.  
I was happily working on my first Christmas quilt, when the little mishap took place.  
 However, now, I could not be happier.
And here is the Christmas quilt that has waited so patiently in the back ground as I finished the topper.
It is pinned and ready to be hand quilted.  I am debating on whether or not to use this quilt for my tutorial.  I work the same way, regardless of size, so it would certainly work.  Stay tuned.  
Isn't the backing a fun print?  I just love it!
And last but not least, my red and green table runner that I made last year.  I just loved bringing it out.  On a side note those stars about killed me to create, I felt like I was all thumbs at the time.  
But Allison has a fabulous tutorial and I have already made a quilt using it.  It would be a nice pattern to use again for a table runner that would replace this one after Christmas.
I am linking to :

19 comments:

  1. That table topper is PERFECT!!! So cool! Great job taking your mistake and making something better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table topper :) It's Christmas-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a delightful post, Tricia! I love your table topper, it has turned out so beautifully...and it really was meant to be! Your Christmas quilt is looking gorgeous too, and that backing fabric is wonderful! Have a happy cosy weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so fesitve and pretty. I love the backing fabric...so cute. Is the tutorial for your blog? If it is, I can't wait...Yay! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOUR TABLE TOPPER!
    THANKS FOR SHARING!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the reds and greens together. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it trish! love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your little mishap (I feel your pain!), but the table topper is just beautiful. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Trish, it turned out so pretty and I especiallylove the Christmas picture with it! Serendipity for sure:>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trish, I am loving all the pretty green and red fabrics, so festive. But I am really loving your last photo with your sweet little kitty. Have a cosy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trish
    Your table topper looks just right!
    It was meant to be.
    I also love your Christmas crosstich!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finish... your home looks so cozy and inviting! I wish I could come and visit for real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the runner on your white buffet. I mean I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your quilting is beautiful! I love the colors. Also that framed cross stitch picture is great! Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table topper! It goes really well with your beautiful decor - bright, refreshing, welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trish love the topper and the runner too! CUTE! SUPER CUTE! You are a wizard :O)
    **Kises from Russia**
    ** Merry Christmas **
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just yummy gorgeousness here!!!! Your home is so sweet and so colorful with the red and white that you have used.

    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trish, your table topper is lovely! Really fun backing fabric. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.