good morning and welcome to my little contribution to sew and tell
In addition to sewing and cutting out blocks for my fall quilt,
I pretty much spent every waking moment working on this ...
a rag quilt for my mother in law.
And when I say every waking moment, I mean just that.
I began cutting the 10" squares on Sunday
and pulled it out of the drier on Thursday before lunch.
This girl's a mammoth! There are 110 blocks (which translates to 220 - 10" squares of fabric and 110 - 8" squares of batting in each block).
This is the largest rag quilt I have made.
A few little stats:
We were on a strict budget and needed a quilt made, this size.
16 yards needed. Their fabric is nice quality
am also linking to :








Wow Trish, I am always impressed by how much you get done and how quickly! I am sure your mother in law will love his beautiful quilt. Thanks for the link too! Great prices! I'll be using this a lot:>)
ReplyDeleteYour flannel quilt will be nice and warm for the winter chill.
ReplyDeleteIts gorgeous ,a really beautiful quiltx
ReplyDeleteTrish, I just love the look of this rag quilt and the fabric is delicious! No doubt, your mother in law will be thrilled! xo
ReplyDeleteOh it looks so cuddly and soft. I plan to make a rag quilt with some holiday flannel. You have inspired me to start it right away :)
ReplyDeleteI love rag quilts! have never attempted one this big ... love the fabrics you used!
ReplyDeleteOh I just love the colors and boy are you ever a worker bee. I love how you just can pump these things out.I have been trying to get my T-giving decor in for three days. I think today is the day. You are my idol.
ReplyDeleteWow, its gorgeous am pea green with quilt envy!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing acheivement
Lots of love Karen x
So pretty and I am amazed at how quickly you finished this. WOW!!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on this quilt and have a lucky mother in law. I like Connecting Threads , also may I recommend http://www.dutchlandquilts.com/ They also have 3-4 dollars p/yard materials..They are an Amish store near me in PA.
ReplyDeleteWow! The effect is lovely! And so fast too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! And I can just imagine how heavy it must have been to work on. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteImpressive... your mother in law is very spoit!
ReplyDeleteRag quilts are so nice! We keep one on the couch all the time. I'm sure it will be appreciated!
ReplyDeleteI love it, I have never tried a rag quilt yet, but this makes me want to!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. Great colors. I am sure your mother in law will love it.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty! It looks very snuggle-able (if that's a word).
ReplyDeleteThis is such pretty, cosy quilt, Trish! Lovely fabrics and it's so interesting to see a rag quilt up close! How quickly you sewed it too. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
This is beautiful and it looks really cosy :)
ReplyDeleteLove this rag quilt - such pretty colours!! My sister-in-law has just made a rag quilt and I would also like to make one soon.
ReplyDeleteThat quilt looks very soft and lovely.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a happy pretty quilt! I have a little sewing and fabric craft linky party I'm starting tomorrow and I was wondering if you could be so kind to stop by and post it? Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteSew Country Chick
Saw your post on Sew Country Chick's link, love the quilt, I'll have to try that some day.
ReplyDelete