September 25, 2011

decisions.

Do you have fabric that you just adore and want desperately to use but can not, for the life of you, decide what to do with it??  That is me with this here jelly roll of Charisma by Chez Moi (Moda).  I have stared at, and dreamed of plans, but can not bring myself to unwrapping this beautiful fabric and get started. 
In addition to wanting to create with it, I am also wanting a fall quilt for our home.  These colors just sing autumn to me and yet I remain paralyzed in the process of bringing it all together. 
Do you have a fall/autumn quilt?
Any suggestions to share for
what I should do?

9 comments:

  1. How about this quilt http://www.etsy.com/listing/81910366/quilt-pattern-pdf-one-jelly-roll-easy or this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/82521550/pdf-quilt-pattern-easy-one-jelly-roll. They both take just one jelly roll. And I think they are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I have some fabrics that are very autumnal (is that a word?) and I have been hoarding it forever only because I cannot for the life of me decide on a pattern. I say, JUST DO IT! Now, I just need to follow my own advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean.. sometimes it is fabrics that I buy, i love, and never know what to do with ~ and then I do the same with beads. Working at a craft store is no help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postage stamp quilt that Rachel over at ps I quilt did a quilt along for a while ago also takes only one jelly roll of print. This fabric would look nice in a postage stamp quilt!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like happy little cottages suggestions, especially the first quilt link. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous roll you've there! last year I started a fall (log cabin) quilt. I love log cabin and nine patch patterns. Whatever pattern you pick i'm sure it looks great with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am in the same boat with a Halloween Layer cake. Can't decide what to do with it so I am zero help to ya! Sorry! Good luck though. I'm sure inspiration will strike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely fabric. I know what you mean. I held on to a jelly roll for quite awhile and then decided to go ahead and use in my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quit. The Log Cabin would be an easy one to use your jelly roll on and it is definately a fall like pattern. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, I have that same fabric and I still haven't cut it up yet! I'm liking all these suggestions. Good Luck! I think designing your quilt is the best part of quilting. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.