January 25, 2011

concoction.


"mom's chicken spaghetti concoction"
(made for the first time : January 2011)

The freezer was cleaned out last week.
Meals that were stashed away such as, black eyed peas and honey baked ham soup, taco soup, spaghetti sauce, etc.  Items that were frozen after the meal was eaten, to be used at another date.  
I love days like that, it is so convenient going into the freezer and pulling out something that is already cooked, and making it for dinner.  All because I made a little extra and froze the remaining.  
Well the freezer was getting a bit full of those types of left overs and it needed to be cleaned out.   
One of the things I had was chicken stock, and that is like gold in my book.  After we eat a chicken, we make stock from it.  We also freeze any left over meat, and it makes some of the best enchiladas, tacos, you name it.

Here is the recipe I came up with (I have seen variations of similar recipes, but this one is tried and true and my family loves it.  Those are the best kind!)

left over stock
3 chicken breasts, boiled in stock, cut into cubes
3 cups thin, uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken into 1/3s
1 can Rotel tomatoes (10 oz.)
1 can cream of chicken soup (14.75 oz.)
1 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup stock reserved

boil chicken in stock.
remove and cut into cubes.
boil noodles in stock.
remove when al dente.
reserve 1 cup stock.

in a bowl mix:
cubed chicken
pasta
soup
sour cream
Rotel tomatoes
1 cup stock

pour into baking dish.
sprinkle with cheese.
cover with foil.
bake at 350 until bubbles

Do you have a family favorite recipe 
that you would like to share?

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious! I haven't felt like cooking all month. We grab a little something here and there, but with the exception of the pot roast I made for the Pastor and his family Sunday (and it was good!) I haven't been cooking much. I think I need some new recipes....and time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.