April 3, 2010

well, hello beautiful

* welcome to my garden *


bush green beans
( 5 rows )



3 buckets of creole tomatoes



1 bucket of cherry tomatoes
(we baby our tomatoes on our front porch)



corn



corn
( 4 rows - will be thinned out considerably )



cucumbers
( 2 rows )



yellow squash
( 3 rows )

I can't even tell you how exciting it is for me to grow a garden.
This city girl here is right at home in the country -
where around each corner a new experience is anticipated!


Our local feed store ran out of basil -
so my herb garden is on hold until Tuesday.



( Have any of you seen Second Hand Lions? It is a family favorite of ours and all I could keep thinking, while planting the corn was when the two uncles and young boy decide to plant a garden and it all comes up corn ... Robert Duval says, "Corn corn corn!" Love that part! )

7 comments:

  1. Your garden is springing to life! I love "Second Hand Lions", you made me chuckle. Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so exciting Tricia to see your Spring garden come to life:) Enjoy all those wonderful fruits, vegies and herbs:) ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No vegetable garden for me this year, don't think I can keep it up. I'll just watch yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so nice. I can't wait till I can rototill and start planting. It's too early here yet though. Never get it in till May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still too cold here to plant, although hubby plans on getting the peas in this week. Isn't it great when you see the seeds begin to sprout? Like a new miracle every time. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia,

    Your garden is off to a great start, and it looks wonderful! :) I haven't seen Second Hand Lions, but it looks good. Is it safe for children? We are always looking for movies to watch as a family...

    I hope you had a blessed Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe that I have never seen that movie? It was on the other day,actually, but I got in on it midway so I couldn't keep up. I have to put it on my Netflix list.:)
    PS Your garden is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.