December 7, 2009

handmade holidays

Thank you Kathy for hosting Handmade Holidays!
Here is one of the gift ideas that our family has
created for people we love.
Plus a little Christmas touch in our home, that I have created.


homemade jelly & homemade bread
(our family grinds the wheat for the bread-super delicious & very healthy)


here is an example of how some of our jellies have been given


I finished my Christmas table runner.
I used V and Co. tutorial for pinwheels found here.
(It is the same pinwheels I am using on a quilt that I am piecing right now.)




6 comments:

  1. Oh, homemade bread and jam, isn't that lovely. My friend and I visited Louisa May Alcott's home on Sunday. They were creating a Christmas fireside at Orchard house and there were characters dressed like the characters from Little Women. They were creating a basket filled with things like homemade bread and jam. You have inspired a gift idea, thank you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love home made bread and jam:>) You have it packaged so prettily too! I really want to make a pinwheel table runner after the girls quilts are done. I keep seeing them and they are so pretty. Great job Tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very nicely pieced pinwheels - you should be proud....I am aching to quilt...I think after Christmas.....I have loads of projects :o)
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm, homemade jam and bread, sounds and looks sooooo good. Love how you wrap them, very pretty. Beautiful runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts! I love homemade things and food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade bread and jam is something I would love to receive! Your quileted runner is stunning! I've been wanting to do one to (not a complicated pattern like yours though)!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.