May 28, 2009

NO PICTURES - MUST USE IMAGINATION

Can I just say ... I love my new job! I really wish I could post pictures and tell you a little bit more, but it would be against privacy policies and I would never want to jeopardize my clients privacy. This I can say ... I have met some of the sweetest elderly people in the past 4 weeks! One of them is key in my joining the quilting club that I mentioned the other day.

On a dark note, yesterday, Katie went out to play with Bear when she noticed a very large hole near his private area. I have a "some what" weak stomach so when she called for me and I saw it, I about passed out. My stomach turned, my vision narrowed, yikes! Well we called our veterinarian and brought Bear in right away. I drive and Expedition and it broke my heart to try and lift him up into it.

Dr. H said it looks like a dog bite. I asked how could a dog bite him "there." And Dr. H said that it looks like Bear was running from what ever got him. Bear has a pretty bad infection and they kept him over night. That way he could be placed on pain meds, antibiotic, drain the infection, then see how he is this morning. They will not stitch him up until the infection is completely cleaned out.

Bear is part hound dog and once his nose hits the ground he will follow a scent any where it leads him. It looks like this scent led him to the wrong place. We will be lacing up a running cable in our yard and then Bear will only be allowed on it or his yard. I really wish I could let him roam free, but it is so dangerous if we do. He will run off and not come back for a couple of days.

Ok, on a lighter note ... smile! IT-IS-SUMMER! I am so excited! It is play time with our children! Our pool is filling up and cleaning up as I type! We have one of those large inflatable pools you see on tv - that looks like a giant elephants foot. Not in ground and beautifully landscaped (like I see in my dreams) but on a hot day, it does the same thing ... cools us down!

We are on a tight (self induced) budget to rid ourselves of all debt! So we appreciate what we have and gradually add more as we can!

Our back doors are in, the trim is on but still needs some touch ups - then we paint! Yea, we all know what that means - those painters drop clothes for curtains on black rods! Augh! I can't wait!

I sure hope you are having a nice day!

6 comments:

  1. I hope your dog feels better soon. What an awful experience for you! The pool sounds great and you're so right, it works just as well! Much better to be out of debt than to have what the neighbor has and be paying for it for years! Glad you're enjoying your new job. You sound very happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sweet Bear. Hope he's on the mend soon.

    I took a dip in the pool yesterday for the first time this year. It was so refreshing. I took my dog in with me who hates the water. I was so surprised because he didn't even flinch. I think he was enjoying it too.

    So glad to hear you love your job! I could easily work with the elderly as you do. Don't you just love their wit and all their stories. They can be such blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible about bear!!! I hope he heals up...baby that guy!
    I am so happy that you are happy with your job-that is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wondeful to hear someone is honestly happy with their job. I love the work I do but I am not happy where I am at. If it wasn't so close to home with good pay and benefits, I wouln't still be here.
    Oh how horrible to hear this about your four legged friend. I can't imagine what took a bite out of him. I pray he gets better soon and is back to his playful self.
    What a commendable thing you are trying to accomplish with your new budget plan. I hope you are very successful.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    ~AMY~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending get well wishes to Bear! It is so awful when they get sick or hurt and of course can't tell you what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your pup is doing better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.