September 30, 2008

the hum of comfort

Sshh ... can you hear that? Listen closely. Do you know what that sound is? It is the sound of an air conditioning unit working beautifully. Oh, and if you could feel how much cooler it is in our home ... heavenly! Especially because I am feeling like a premenopause woman basking on an island in the South Pacific! I am cooking from the inside out!

My husband and I prayed for protection after we educated ourselves the best we could, regarding our a/c unit and it's functions. Serious. We looked at schematics and all! I bet we could work for York or Train or ... ok ... the heat has gone to my head. Back to reality! We did pray and we did some major searching out info. on the matter. Our prayers were that we would be as clear as glass on what was going on, not be taken to the bank. That God would cover the gaps and we would all do good business together.

Well let me tell you ... our faith in honest work has intensified! We had a great team of guys who did a fantastic job. Plus they rewired an electrical "mistake" that had been there since the previous home owners had this unit. Let's just say, our heating and cooling bill should be a lot lower than prior years. A simple redirecting of electrical wires that was never properly done, that really, only a specialist would have seen ... at no charge. B.l.e.s.s.i.n.g.!

Looks like I will be putting my steel drums away ... I plan to keep it like Alaska around here now!

12 comments:

  1. YEAH....air conditioning!!! How exciting that your bills should be lower due to the wiring problem...our electric bills have been ridiculous the last three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everything is working out for you all. I certainly take modern conveniences for granted. You'll be all set for next summer. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you... so glad to hear you got your air fixed. I don't know about you but I get cranky when the air isn't working! Thanks for cheering me up. I hope I didn't sound too pitiful! That is one of my favorite songs too! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! lol, I had to say that:>) Glad you are all fixed up with your heating and cooling. It is one of those things we take for granted until it isn't there for us !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we needed the A/C! I think it is high of 50 here today-colder weather ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, that your air conditioning is working nicely again! :) When we lived in Maryland, it would get so hot in the summer, I don't know how we would have made it without A/C! :) So glad to hear you won't be sweating it out anymore! :)

    Have a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Air Conditioning is essential to a girl's sanity. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tricia Anne, Love your blog and I'm so glad you came by and entered the giveaway, because you WON! Email me if you can, I couldn't find your email address on your site.
    Blessings,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got the AC fixed and can be comfortable again! We had to get a new one about a year or so ago and, as you know, it is expensive! But, I live in the deep South and cannot live without an AC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yipee - and just when it is getting chilly and you'll need the heater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There may not be anything worse than being without ac. Glad you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.