September 25, 2008

baby steps & a sincere thank you

I first wanted to say Thank You for the comments on yesterday's blog. Each one was graciously received. Ironically, they all have had a bit of enlightening to the many facets of my reflecting on this topic.

For starters, I will make a list and post it (Thank you Donna for this suggestion!). I will try my best to see the whole picture, but only choose one project at a time and work at it, while counting my blessings as I go along.


The room that I am in the most is our office/school room.
(windows look yucky because we sprayed the house for bugs the other day)

As luck would have it, this is the room with unpainted walls and bare windows! A desk that needs painting, doors that need replacing, tile that needs laying, not to mention a patio that needs building! Since my husband and I agreed that we will have a patio, I have scratched my window treatment plans. I have a clean slate there and have decided to just not give it much thought until everything is done. I am layering my projects. For this room my list will look something like this ...

1. build back patio - including overhang
2. install new doors
3. tear out section of wood floor and replace with square tile
4. paint room (my favorite part!!) a light brown
5. paint base boards (I love a fresh coat of paint on my base boards!)
6. start planning my window treatments

Of course, it is just this room! So I am thinking about tackling my living room first and just deal with the fact that my school room will be a work in progress that I will be happy with at the end!

As for my living room. Pulling in reds. I sewed my valance. That is a start.


I have a red check placemat and napkin under items for a pop of red. I will also be working on my quilt for the couch ... that has red. I think my biggest hunt now is going to be a table cloth. I need a table cloth that will cover a round end table. For a perfect fit, it will need to be 90" round. However if I found a 70" round, I can always sew something around the base for the added inches needed. The nice thing about that is more pattern could be brought in ... say like ... gingham? toile?

All this said ... did I mention that our A/C went out? Oh ya, and it will be $2000.00 to replace the "a coil" and freeon? I am going to start selling my jewelry again! I am building an Etsy shop and will try to link it to my blog. (I already have beads listed that I am wanting to sell, if you go to the side bar, you will see the link.)

I AM NOT A PEDDLER AND WE ARE NOT STARVING ~ so please do not hang up now because I mentioned selling something. :o) I sell locally and have been to 19 businesses in town where my items have sold nicely. It is just that I do not get out like I use to and gas prices about killed me on my trips to town (I drive an Expedition). So I will be a little daring and work it through Etsy. There is a giant amount of competion, but if the Lord wants me to prosper in this way, He will be the One to bring the blessings!

6 comments:

  1. My husband isn't home right now to ask but it sounds a bit much for the coil and freon. Although he doesn't do it for a living, he went to school for airconditioning and refrigeration. For two thousand I'd consider getting a new unit. I'll try to remember to ask him if this price is reasonable. You may want to get a second oppinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your office and school room has good "bones". Lots of potential, and you have lots of great ideas. I wouldn't get much done there either-I would be staring outside all day-what a beautiful view of outside... so peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is so nice, lots of good sunlight. Often times I make a list and slowly check it off, eventually it all gets done. Asking the Lord to provide what you need to repair air conditioner and for ya'll to have wisdom. He will :)

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to have our coil replaced and it didn't cost anywhere near that. Maybe you should get a couple of bids?? Just a suggestion. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia Anne~
    You are off to a great start! Good for you! :) I love what I have seen of your house! It is beautiful, and it won't be hard to add charm to it. (It actually already is charming.) I agree with ruby red slippers~ what I have seen has good bones, great details! :) I really can't wait to see what you do with it all!

    Have a great night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is beautiful! So much sunlight, I love it!

    Best of luck with your etsy shop! I think everyone is tightening their belt buckles right now, we are all in this together :)

    Take good care,
    Bella
    PS: You are SO TALENTED! I wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.