August 8, 2008

last day of summer.

Well here it is ... the official last day of Summer for us. Katie has had a good first few days of school in town, while Nathan and I have really enjoyed doing a few fun things ourselves before we hit the books on Monday. We have had sleepovers in the tent that was set up in his bedroom, swam a little, donuts for breakfast one day, watched endless favorite family movies while snuggling on the couch, played with Legos, and today we are heading into town to go to the used book store. I have even been reading Robinson Crusoe ... for the very first time! What an adventure this fellow had! I had to look it up to verify it was fiction, because it just seemed so ... possible.
I have relished the lazy summer days of spending time with my children, spray painting frames, sewing quilts.
However ... time to hit the books! I will try to post as often as I can and Lord willing may even get a chance to hit the thrift store a time or two!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys have a wonderful school year!
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave
a little note. Your kind words make my day!

If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a
response, please leave an email address.