
I, unfortunately, am known in my immediate family as being indecisive. It takes forever for me to make a decision on most things, in many cases, leaving the decision, undone. Painting is one of those decisions that I am wrestling with.
Our school room serves as an office too. If we were listing our house for sale, this room would qualify as a sun room. One wall is a set of french doors flanked by a set of floor to ceiling windows one either side. The furthest wall has three of those same windows. When we purchased our home two years ago, one of the first investments we made, was to install plantation shutters all the way around the room. This room cooks otherwise!
Enough jiber jaber ~ this is my decision that I need to make and make it soon. Paint color. If I wanted to go over the top with a color, this would be the room to do it in because I really only have one and half full walls that would be painted. My husband and I lean more on the safe side with color (go neutral accent with colors) but this time, I am thinking a darker color. Those of you who know me personally, breathe! Really though, I want to go toward a brown. It would be warm and cozy. I have two tall pieces of furniture that are black not to mention desks and book case. I think we could pull it off in here! When the paint is dry, I will be putting our maps back up, so a bit more of the darker color will disappear. I put my selection of colors above this family picture in a sunny part of the room and I look at it constantly. Day and night. To see how the colors would look.
When I brought the paint samples home I was leaning toward the color in the middle, however I am starting to inch my way over to the right some...
The reason I need to get this done sooner than later is school starts in a couple of weeks. I know me, if I don't get my projects finished up before then, they will sit, undone. Home school requires my full heart and attention and as I mentioned earlier, that our oldest child will enter her sophomore year at our local high school, I will be a bit more divided as well.
If anyone has any suggestions or pictures they would like to share with me, I would love it!
I love the Valspar Laura Ashley Taupe seris. I think it runs 1-5. 5 Would be really pretty. I think go one shade darker than your guy is telling you!
ReplyDeleteThe second from the right has my vote. It's such a nice warm color.
ReplyDeleteI like the third from right. It reminds me of the color of my walls, which I love! It will complement the black, and be striking against the white trim and plantation shutters yet still be neutral enough to jazz up with color. If you are feeling a little daring, go right one more, but I think it may be a little too dark for your taste...If you want to stay safe, go middle. You couldn't lose with any of them.
ReplyDeleteJust my two cents...
I'm voting third from the right too. It has enough warmth and depth that you can get away with in a room with lots of windows. I think if you go too dark it might be too much in the summer. One thing I've learned about paint is it's never a bad idea to buy the tester of the ones you really like. Paint a square and live with it in different lights during the day for a while. It's much easier than looking at a small swatch, or having to repaint an entire room...ask me how I know that!!
ReplyDelete-Hayley
Paint is such a hard decision, and thus...so many white walls in our house. I finally painted our foyer and regretted that I didn't go just a tad darker. Leaning toward the right as well.:)Although I more than lean right in other areas of my life.:)
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I vote either second from the right. There is so much light in that room, the warm brown will be beautiful. When you get ready to paint, call me. I'm there to help.
ReplyDelete2nd from the right! Happy Anniversary! eat some cheesecake for me.
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
Nicole