"IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO BE BEAUTIFUL".



Yesterday I had a smidge of discouragement because of all the painting that I did (and enjoyed doing) but am letting go of the pictures that I transformed.
One because of negative memories and the other, because I just need to get away from the color cranberry and lean more toward reds. I have such a love for reds. They are so much easier to find and I am always drawn to them. Why have what you do not love?
I spend hours and hours in my home and once school starts, I will not get out on a regular basis.
So I am taking quite literally, "Unless the Lord build the house, we labor in vain." What does that mean to me at this stage of my life? Of course it means the inner building of my family.
However on a decorating scale, it means letting the items evolve when they are meant to. My husband and I are adamant about staying out of debt and so when the items present themselves, to feather our nest, and it is the right time, well then, we will add them to our home.

That is where these two pictures come in. I have a white matelasse quilt that has been tucked away in our bathroom cabinet for quite some time. I love it! It is soft and comforting and I want to see it on a regular basis. So I pulled it out and placed it on our round table. It is a little uneven in some places, so I did some tucking here and there (another idea from The Nester) and voila, a table covering. It is not perfect, but IDHTBPTBB!
It is however free because I shopped my home to pull it together.
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Clearly we both have great taste in blog templates. One of these days I'm going to get around to making an original template, but it won't be any time soon. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is really a good idea...I need to start rethinking the uses for things around here. I also wish I would not have given away so many things that I have over the years...at least some of them...thanks for sharing and I think it is beautiful!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!! That is a great idea....we too are trying to stay out of debt and I am trying to garage sale/thrift sale to find items I can transform and beautifully decorate my home. Spray paint has become my new best friend! lol... These lovely blogs have beautiful homes and give me such inspiration. I feel I have a personal decorator everytime I peek into some of my favorites blogs.
ReplyDeleteOh, you and songbirdtiff finally met up! I always think of her when I come here! You both have a beautiful header!
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I am so completely proud of you and your shopping of the house and desire to stay out of debt! Better to have less with no debt than lots with lots of debt!!!
Great job!